Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Saturday, May 19, 2007

My Peonies are Blooming!

So sad that I leave just when all my flowers are coming into bloom. :(

Look at the Ramblin' Red Climber, isn't it gorgeous? I've got them on both sides of the front door. It's not climbing as fast as I had hoped, but it is awfully pretty.



And look! My peonies are blooming! They're notoriously fickle and hate SoCal weather. Last year only a few stalks came up and absolutely no flowers. I can't remember what kind I bought, but it's supposed to be a white, pink, and red. They all look rather like shades of pink to me. But oh, they smell heavenly.



And the hollyhock is slowly blooming upwards. All this from a seed!

Gypsy rose.

Donna Darlin' looks better half-bloomed to me.

Autumn Sunset Climbing. This one is huge and has one branch that stretches over the roof of the gazebo.

And more views of Double Delight.

Here's a side view of the garden with evening primroses flapping in the breeze.


And for Tigerfish, would you like to come pick these strawberries? :)

Bye bye my little garden! I'll come back to visit. I can't wait to see it when the cosmos saturate the yard with fuchsia petals.

11 comments:

  1. Leaving? Where are you going one-hand chopsticks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yich,
    Tut, tut, haven't you been paying attention? I moved to another house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how you could leave these beautiful babies? You must take them with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jaden,
    I do intend to take them with me at some point. But they're pretty happy where they are now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would not bear leaving this garden behind...wooo......

    ReplyDelete
  7. All that red and pink is beautiful.

    Those Ramblin' Red Climbers are stunning! So are those pink peonies.

    I think I need to buy a new peony. I only have an old white variety. Yours are so much prettier!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, and would you pay me $2 to pick these strawberries ? I'm coming....woohoo...:D

    ReplyDelete
  9. :(! It's so sad you have to leave your garden. The flowers are soooooooooo pretty, I always look forward to your garden updates!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got pregnancy amnesia now... you need to forgive me :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mel,
    Thanks. :)

    Tigerfish,
    I know! It's two years worth of work and hundreds of dollars of plants. :(

    Zoey,
    Has your peony been able to bloom yet? I was thinking it was your garden that it's been 15 years and no peony blossom?

    Tigerfish,
    No, no. The trend these days is for you to pay me to pick strawberries. ;)

    Amy,
    Aww, I didn't know you looked forward to the gardening posts. That's why I just stockpiled all the photos and post once a month. They're more a memory device for me to know what's blooming when.

    Yich,
    Hehe, it's OK. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!