Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Monday, April 16, 2007

Egg Rolls with Salmon and Avocado

Do you really need a recipe for this? Heh. :P

I had a large filet of salmon leftover, an avocado in the fridge that had seen better days, and some spring roll wrappers left over from my nem nuong dinner the other night. I remembered eating something similar to this at Cheesecake Factory so decided to tweak my leftovers up a notch.


See my recipe for Cha Gio (Vietnamese Egg Rolls) if you don't know how to wrap them.

For dipping, I used a combo of bottled sweet chili sauce and my soy sauce/vinegar/chili/scallion dipping sauce.

Egg Rolls with Salmon and Avocado

For six egg rolls, you'll need:
 6 egg roll wrappers
1 small salmon fillet
1 or 2 avocados

I used cooked salmon, but raw salmon would still cook in the fryer. Flake or section salmon into 6 equal parts.

Slice avocado in half and then each half into thirds, or more if you really like avocado.

Wrap salmon and avocado in egg roll wrappers.

Fry until golden.

Serve with sweet chili sauce or my soy sauce and vinegar mixture.

Enjoy!

My other egg roll recipes:  
Cha Gio (Vietnamese Egg Rolls)
Gluten-Free Cha Gio (Vietnamese Spring/Egg Rolls)  
Cha Gio Bap/Ram Bap (Vietnamese Corn Egg Rolls)  
Cha Ram (Vietnamese Shrimp Egg Rolls)
Egg Rolls Stuffed with Bananas and Mangoes with Nutella Dipping Sauce  
Lumpiang Prito (Filipino Fried Egg Rolls)

7 comments:

  1. WC, it's always good to know that there are other alternatives for using my lumpia wrappers. I'll have to give your recipe a try when I have some leftover salmon. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo salmon and avocado in an egg roll! I've never had that combination before but it sounds so good. I want to try some. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marvin,
    Man, if you're making lumpia, why would there be any wrappers left over? ;) I've got a dessert egg roll coming up...

    Amy,
    It's sort of fusion-y eh? Like a deep fried Alaska roll or something like that? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This should be called California (Egg) Roll!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PE,
    I was thinking that b/c of the avocado, but not the salmon. Must come up with a cool name of my own. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!