Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Wontons Stuffed with Ground Pork and Turkey, Bamboo Shoots, and Cabbage

Now that you've made potstickers, you should have enough filling left for about two dozen wontons.

You may boil them.

Or fry them.


Wontons are supereasy to make since you can find the wrappers at almost any grocery store. You can use my recipe for ground pork and turkey, bamboo shoots, and cabbage if you wish.

Sometimes I like to shape my wontons into tortellinis. But in this instance, I was lazy and merely placed one spoonful of filling in the center, wetted the edges, and folded them in half.


Set a pot of water to boiling, lower the heat to medium and add the wontons. When the wontons rise to the surface, they'll be done. Serve with the dipping sauce of soy sauce, vinegar, scallions, and dried chili.


If you're deep-frying them, there's no need to boil them first as you would potstickers. Set your heat at medium-low and fry until golden. I like to serve these with either the bottled sweet chili sauce or sweet and sour sauce.

3 comments:

  1. I prefer the boiled ones. As for dipping sauce, you can try vinegar with minced garlic (provided you like garlic).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked them both boiled and fried (anything with a bit of fat always goes down well with me!)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tigerfish,
    I love garlic. But I'm more likely to do vinegar with ginger as a dipping sauce for wontons.

    Hi Wok and Spoon,
    Fat makes everything tasty! Too bad it's bad for you. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!