Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Sofitel Plaza Saigon Chocolate Buffet

Happy Valentine's Day! In honor of this chocolate-filled holiday, I thought I'd share some photos from the Sofitel Plaza Saigon's chocolate buffet. Photos are from August 2005. The chocolate buffet had just opened that summer and costs approximately $8 US. (For comparison, an average Vietnamese person earns $1/day.) So yes, this was quite spendy. The chocolate buffet is located in the L'Elysee Bar, just to the left of the front entrance. I took my cousin's daughter as a splurge for my last day in Vietnam. The L'Elysee bar is a lounge area, so the seating is leather armchairs and couches with coffee tables. I ordered a pot of tea and then proceeded to demolish as much chocolate as I could.


There's also a chocolate fountain to dip the fruit skewers. But I spent most of my time on the chocolate mousse, the little cakes, and creme brulee. And yes, I had seconds and perhaps thirds of all of those goodies.

Other Vietnam posts can be found in the tag Series: Vietnam, but I suggest reading the series in this order:
Mekong Delta - Vietnam
Com Lam (Vietnamese Sticky Rice in Bamboo) - Sa Pa - Vietnam
Tien Dung Chu Dong Tu Temple of Love - Binh Minh - Vietnam
Pho Cuon Ha Noi (Vietnamese Rice Noodle Rolls Hanoi-Style)
Hoan Kiem (Returned Sword Lake) - Ha Noi - Vietnam
Van Mieu (Temple of Literature) - Ha Noi - Vietnam
Cha Ca Thang Long (Vietnamese Hanoi-Style Turmeric Fish with Dill)
Sofitel Plaza Saigon Chocolate Buffet - Saigon - Vietnam

Sofitel Plaza Saigon
L'Elysee Bar (on the left side of the entrance)
17 Le Duan
District 1
Saigon, Vietnam
+84-8824-1555

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bill,
    At first I thought there wasn't much selection. But oh, man, I got such a sugar rush.

    CP,
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!