Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Friday, October 03, 2008

Silver Spoon - Alhambra

As I was saying, there's something about eating so much meat in one sitting that always inspires us to cleanse our palates with frozen yogurt. Last week after lunch at Tahoe Galbi Restaurant, the oldest '87 and I decided to try Silver Spoon, which had recently opened in Alhambra. It's literally just around the corner from Indo Kitchen.


Silver Spoon - Alhambra 1


The usual sleek decor. The flat-screen televisions were set to the Discovery Channel so while we were there we saw short documentaries on two-headed snakes, how tattoos get inked, how feminine sanitary pads are made, and the steel industry. Wacky huh?


Silver Spoon - Alhambra 2


A medium original fro-yo with three toppings was $5. The flavor was slightly tart and the consistency was on par with all the others. There were green tea and honeydew flavors as well. I tried a sample of the honeydew flavor and it was very good, but I was distracted by a sign for a limited time only peach green tea for $1. Such a great deal and so very refreshing!


Silver Spoon - Alhambra 3


So I went back a few days later to get another peach green tea. While I was waiting for my drink to get made, I noticed this plant and it looked like it was kept moist with boba beads.


Silver Spoon - Alhambra 4


Doesn't it look so pretty?


Silver Spoon - Alhambra 5


Turned out, they were "magic beans" the shop was selling at the counter. There was a picture engraved into the bean. The "boba" were made out of gel, similar to the type of crystal gels that keeps soil moist.


Silver Spoon - Alhambra 6


There's free Wi-Fi here too in case you wanted to linger a while.

My other frozen yogurt posts:
CeFiore - Los Angeles (Little Tokyo)
CeFiore - Monterey Park (Closed)
Nubi Yogurt - San Gabriel
Peach House - San Gabriel (Closed)
PinGo Yogurt - Alhambra (Closed)
Pinkberry - Los Angeles (Koreatown)
Pinkberry - Pasadena
Pinkberry - Rancho Cucamonga

Silver Spoon
401 W. Main St.
Alhambra, CA 91801
626-943-0738
Open daily noon to 11 p.m.

*****
1 year ago today, Kefta Kebabs (Middle Eastern Ground Meat Kebabs).

10 comments:

  1. I read your food blog and I love it!

    I don't know if you've tried these places yet, but I personally think they're pretty good.

    -President's Thai; 5% off the bill if you pay cash (Rosemead)
    -Zankou Chicken; tasty tarnas, chicken kabob and hummus (Pasadena)
    -Sinbala; Taiwanese similar to Pa Pa Walk (Arcadia)
    -Indian Beer House; interesting ambience (San Gabriel)
    -Happy Garden; goose and three cup chicken are my personal favorites (Alhambra)
    -Noodle House; beef roll is delicious (Alhambra in ABC bowling plaza)
    -Tamaen; kobe beef bbq place (Lomita)
    -Akasaka; this is a MUST! Japanese restaurant in the hidden residential area, a bit pricey though (Hacienda Heights)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WC, you sure have been hitting those yogurt joints. I agree about yogurt after a big meaty meal. There's always room for yogurt, but do they always have to be so loud and so...bright?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous of all the cute places you get to go to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another post on yogurt! That is a lot of posts about yogurt. You truly have been going to many places!

    Interesting name. Pretty similar to the place "Golden Spoon" but here the name is "Silver Spoon". Amazing!

    I first thought the beads were glass or crystal but then you wrote about them being made out of gel! Never heard about something like that. I especially like the last photo with the plant just opening up with its leaves. Very nice and I have never seen that before. By reading your blog I have seen many things I haven't seen before. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Li,
    Glad you like the blog. I've eaten several of the places on your list, just haven't gotten around to blogging about it yet. :P Thanks for some of the other suggestions.

    Tigerfishy,
    Neither. I don't think these were edible. :(

    SIS,
    I know! But then again, they are all copycats...

    Pam,
    That's one of the nice things about living in SoCal, lots of places to try!

    WSL98787,
    Yes! Someone appreciated the "artiness" of my last shot. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WC,
    love this place too. I think I've been here almost 3 times a week this month. Service is good, and portion is good. One day last week I went in and they were cleaning their machine (at 7pm, go figure) and they told me if they didn't have original flavor (what???) But the owner (i think) came out and asked if I can wait 5 min, so I did. And while waiting, she came out and gave me a free passion fruit green tea. I thought that was a very nice gesture. I like their original and rose flavor the best. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fkbloona,
    I'll have to try the rose flavor. I've only tried the original and cantaloupe flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was actually quite disappointed with this place :0[ I got the original and they swirled it all around, minus the middle! My spoon sank right through! I realized this once I got home :/ I can't wait for Yogurland to open up in Alhambra.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lesly,
    All the fro-yo places are empty in the middle. They price it by weight. I can't wait until Yogurtland opens either!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!