Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Parga - Greece

After our brief trip to Gaios, Paxos, we headed 8 miles east toward the mainland town of Parga.

A Venetian fortress high above the harbor.

Parga - Greece 1

Another Venetian fortress, built in 1624.



Parga - Greece 2

My first glimpse of Parga, population 4,000.

Parga - Greece 3

As the boat came around the harbor, I snapped and snapped my camera.

Parga - Greece 4

And got this panoramic image after I pasted everything together. If you've been reading this blog from way, way back, you'd recognize this picture when I discovered Autostitch. I was so amazed until I realized that the Photo Stitch function in my Canon camera program was already available for free. :P

Parga - Greece 5

Close-ups of the panorama again.

Parga - Greece 6

Parga - Greece 7

Parga - Greece 8

Parga - Greece 9

Parga - Greece 10

And jutting out into the bay, the tiny island of Panagia, with one lone church.

Parga - Greece 11

Most tourist offices in Corfu offer a combined day-trip to the island of Paxos and the mainland town of Parga. It's about a 1 1/2 hour boat ride to and fro, with several hours for you to explore each town. I paid about $50 euros for the package with pick-up from hotel, not sure what the cost is now.

You can read all Europe posts with the tag Series: Europe, but I suggest reading this particular trip in this order:
"Meet-Cute" Stockholm - Sweden
Helsinki - Finland: A Two-Night Cruise and One Day
Sigtuna - Sweden: More Rune Stones Than Any Other Town
Gamla Uppsala (Old Uppsala) - Sweden: Beowulf and Burial Mounds
Uppsala - Sweden: Birthplace of Celsius
Tallinn - Estonia: A Two-Night Cruise and One Day
Eger and Sirens Valley - Hungary: Floral? Fruity? Woody Notes? What Notes?
Agios Georgios, Corfu Town, and Vidos Island, Corfu - Greece
Glass Bottom Boat, Corfu - Greece
Gaios, Paxos Island - Greece
Parga - Greece
Autostitch of Parga - Greece
Paleokastritsa, Corfu - Greece
Butrint and Saranda - Albania

*****
1 year ago today, Zafarani Polow (Persian Saffron Rice).

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic photos of Corfu, Paxos and Parga. Corfu is a large island and even with a car, it would be hard to see everything in a week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful scenery. My Greek trip was a highlight. It's good to see you enjoying yours. I guess vicarious European travel is better than none at all, no? Have fun...be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peter,
    I wish I had been able to do more in Corfu. So very many possibilities!

    BB,
    These pictures were from a while ago. Just reliving my travels!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!