Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Peony

I finally dug up my peonies from my old house and brought them to my new house. They're just in pots for now. Peonies don't like to be moved so I was afraid they might not make it. One withered. One budded but the bud dried up, although its leaves are still green. And the third had one magnificent bloom.

This was the peony on April 27th.
Peony 1

On May 5th.
Peony 2

On May 8th.
Peony 3

On May 10th.
Peony 4

And on May 15th. :(
Peony 5


I'm such a bad blog buddy. I missed Mochachocolata-Rita's Chinese take-out party to celebrate her 88th post. :( Instead of food, how about I virtually bring this peony? Since peonies are traditionally one of the national floral symbols of China, it's still in keeping with the theme of the party. With so much food already, wouldn't you rather have flowers? :)


*****
1 year ago today, roll your own nem nuong cuon (Vietnamese grilled pork patty rice paper rolls) at Nem Nuong Ninh Hoa Vietnamese Restaurant - Rosemead.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! These are some of my favorite flowers. I need to grow some peony's for next year.
    I missed the party too. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoRC,
    Since peonies are notoriously difficult, I'm always happy if I just see one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chopsticks,
    You dug that peony up, left it in the pot and it bloomed the next year? I am SO IMPRESSED!

    WOW! I am amazed! I waited 15 years to get a peony to bloom. Really, that's no lie. And it's just a white one. None of my pink ones have bloomed. I see a new one with buds this year...maybe year 19 will be the lucky one and I will get a pink peony bloom!

    Patience is a virtue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My thoughts went:-

    Ooh...

    Ooh...

    Ah!

    Aw...

    Oh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I didn't know peonies were that finicky. You must be lucky then! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zoey,
    You're way, way too patient! I don't know if I could wait 19 years!

    Oanh,
    Haha! :P

    Jeannie,
    I feel lucky to get just one bloom!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!