Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Kabuki Japanese Restaurant - Rancho Cucamonga

There are some habits that I fall into when dining with the same friend. So the other day when I was visiting her out in Rancho Cucamonga, where else do we go except for sushi at Kabuki Japanese Restaurant in the Victoria Gardens shopping area?

For one thing, the restaurant is just down the street from her house. And for another, their sushi is cheap. How cheap? Well, the menu used to say selected sushi and rolls were "half-off." But since it's always "half-off," I guess they wised up and now charge that price, which falls within the range of $3-$5.

The hot green tea is free.

And so is the edamame.

We ordered a spicy albacore handroll for $3.95, baked scallop California roll for $4.95, lobster roll for $8.95, spicy tuna roll for $4.25, and eel and cucumber roll for $3.95.

Yellowtail is $3.50.

Volcano #2, otherwise known as baked spicy scallop, is also $3.50.

Tempura is $5.95. Dinky portion huh?

Yes, it's Americanized Japanese food, but for $3-$5, keep your expectations accordingly.

My only complaint? I always have to ask for a pen or pencil to write down my selections on the sushi menu. You'd figure that would be automatic. But nope. We get seated. We're given the sushi menu. The wait person goes away. We have to summon them back and ask for a writing implement. I mean, c'mon, not even a cheap little pencil?

Kabuki Japanese Restaurant
12595 N. Main St.
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91739
909-646-8555
Monday - Thursday 11:00 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
Friday - Saturday 11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Sunday 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.

4 comments:

  1. Hey WC, you know any good izakaya style resturant around in Alhambra ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. MW,
    The closest izakaya places would be in Little Tokyo. For Alhambra area, you can go Chinese-style at Macau Street in Monterey Park and get appetizer skewers of chicken knees, chicken hearts, etc. My write-up is over there ==>.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review. I plan on taking my son their on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christine,
    You're welcome. I hope you had a nice time. It's pretty OK for the Inland Empire.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!