Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Monday, September 10, 2012

Icelandic Kea Skyr Drykkur Mango Astaraldin (Passionfruit)

10 Icelandic Kea Skyr Drykkur Mango Astaraldin (Passionfruit) 1

After only a few scant hours of sleep, I was up early again for another tour. This one was nearly six hours away on the other side of the island, so my jetlag came in handy as I slept pretty much the whole time.

We stopped off at one point at a gas station where I bought this container of Kea Skyr Drykkur Mango Astaraldin for 170 Icelandic krona (about $1.41 USD). I didn't realize drykkur = drink, so instead of the thick Greek yogurt-like skyr I was expecting, it was drinkable yogurt (Well, technically drinkable cheese since skyr is cheese with a yogurt-like consistency).

While the mango and passionfruit drink was very yummy, it tasted like any other yogurt drink I could get back home. Not nearly as exciting as my first experience with skyr at Kex Hostel - Reykjavik - Iceland. I did have the breakfast buffet at the hostel again earlier that morning, but had to rush so I wouldn't miss my pick up. *Sigh.* So sad for all the skyr I wanted to eat, but couldn't.

10 Icelandic Kea Skyr Drykkur Mango Astaraldin (Passionfruit) 2

Some scenes of Iceland as we drove by.

11 Iceland Scenery by Car 1

Except for the green, the huge mountains and sparse houses reminded me of driving through the Navajo Nation in Arizona.

11 Iceland Scenery by Car 2

Creepy cave.

11 Iceland Scenery by Car 3

Glaciers everywhere in the background.

11 Iceland Scenery by Car 4

Rushing stream? Or aftermath of a lava slide?

11 Iceland Scenery by Car 5

Finally!

We arrived at Jokulsarlon (Glacier Lagoon).

All Europe posts can be read in Series: Europe, but I suggest reading the Iceland trip in this order:
Saigon's Bakery and Sandwiches - San Gabriel
Kex Hostel - Reykjavik - Iceland
Blue Lagoon - Grindavik - Iceland
Icelandic Phallological Museum - Reykjavik - Iceland
Sun Voyager - Reykjavik - Iceland
Mid-Atlantic Ridge - Thingvellir National Park - Iceland
Gullfoss (Golden Falls) - Iceland
Great Geysir and Strokkur - Haukadalur - Iceland


*****
1 year ago today, blueberries, long days, and vacillating victuals.
2 years ago today, Macaroni and Cheese with Beef and Tomatoes.
3 years ago today, Balcony House - Mesa Verde National Park - Colorado.
4 years ago today, chili peppers and more tuong ot xa (Vietnamese lemongrass chili sauce).
5 years ago today, 2 of 7 random things about me meme: I buy my own flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!