Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Friday, August 05, 2011

Volcano Tea House - Las Vegas

After lunch at Pho Kim Long Vietnamese Restaurant, we went over to the neighboring strip mall for some boba tea for the road.

Volcano Tea House - Las Vegas 1

My passionfruit green tea, $2.99. So yummy. I saw them put in a huge dollop of passionfruit syrup so it was very passionfruity.

Volcano Tea House - Las Vegas 2

Like the older '88's leopard-print cardigan? I was teasing her for wearing it over a floral jumper so I had to include it in the photo.

My cousins' drinks.

Volcano Tea House - Las Vegas 3

The original plan was for me to hang out in Vegas with lil' sis and maybe check out a buffet until her flight that evening. But I was still feeling a little sick and just wanted to go home. So we said our good-byes to the rest of the girls and lil' sis and I went to get gas before I dropped her off at the airport.

The traffic heading back to L.A. was insanely slow. Lil' sis managed to snag a standby flight back to San Diego and arrived there before I even made it to Primm! That's right. It took me 2 hours and 15 minutes to crawl 33 miles. At one point, I saw cars taking the side road next to the freeway, but when the road abruptly ended, instead of turning back, four trucks just kept plowing through the desert. Insane!

The line to take the Primm exit was so long that I decided to bypass it completely. Right as I passed Primm, cousin A called to tell me not to exit. She did and ended up stuck in the parking lot despite having left 45 minutes before me.

Traffic was so awful that I didn't dare take a break until Barstow. It took me 7 hours to get back to L.A. Crazy! I was sooo tired. I stopped off at Noodle World - Alhambra to grab pad Thai and tom yum kah for dinner.

Meanwhile, after an hour of trying to get out of Primm, cousin A gave up and the girls went back inside to go shopping. At 8 p.m., they finally headed back and it still took them 6 hours to get home.

What a crazy bachelorette party weekend.

Posts in this Vegas series:
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas - Las Vegas
Cousin D's Bachelorette Party
Jaleo by Jose Andres ($45 Prix Fixe Menu) - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas - Las Vegas
Pho Kim Long Vietnamese Restaurant - Las Vegas
Volcano Tea House - Las Vegas

Volcano Tea House
4215 W. Spring Mountain Rd., Ste. B106B
Las Vegas, NV 89102-8746
702-207-7414

*****
1 year ago today,
2 years ago today, House of Nanking - San Francisco.
3 years ago today, Gamla Uppsala (Old Uppsala) - Sweden: Beowulf and Burial Mounds.
4 years ago today, Perfectly "Peachy" Nectarine Pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!