Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Sunday, October 29, 2006

My Fuchsia Cosmos are on Their Last Legs

My fuchsia cosmos are on their last legs. These flowers all self-seeded. I planted one packet of sensations mix cosmos in my front yard last year. Then when they started drying out, I simply pulled them out, tossed the stems behind the terrace wall (it's not filled in so there's a big empty space). And this is the result.

Here's a close-up. Doesn't it look so cheerful?

I never knew chrysanthemums were autumn flowers until now.
Strawberry guava tree looking all ripe with fruit.
Sundial purchased for roughly $10 at Target. Insects on clearance for 34 cents at Target. Plant holder free from people cleaning out a very messy house. I think all the elements work to make a pretty nice sundial. Now if only my nasturtiums will grow enough to wrap around the planter.
The Iceberg rose is usually a pure white. I love this slight bit of blush.

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is very creative.
    This photo of the rose is
    o u t s t a n d i n g !
    She looks so delicate
    as if she is just barely
    blushing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks. I just think it's pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!