Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Thursday, August 07, 2008

WC's Bo Luc Lac (Vietnamese Shaking Beef) by Hong P.

Man, sometimes the reader's version of my recipe looks even better than my version. This edition of Readers Cook WC Recipes comes courtesy of Hong P. of Secret Garden Studios.

He made my recipe for Bo Luc Lac (Vietnamese Shaking Beef). Umm, typical guy, very few words. I guess I'll let it go since his photo makes my recipe look really enticing, eh? :)


Bo Luc Lac by Hong P


Hong said:
"I did it the same was as you except instead of pickling the onions and jalapenos with just vinegar alone, I seasoned it with some sugar and pinch of salt. I used spinach as my greens. Even though I made it before, when you haven't cooked regularly, it's good to have your recipe as a reference."
Check out my recipe if you haven't. Especially since there's now a pretty swanky picture to illustrate my recipe. :)

Wanna hijack my blog? Check out Readers Cook WC's Recipes for guidelines on how you too can participate. And please provide more than three sentences of feedback. :P

*****
1 year ago today, canh chua ca (Vietnamese sour fish soup).

4 comments:

  1. Yum! How nice to have a new photo for your recipe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikki,
    A nice photo too. wish I could afford a fancy camera.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope you got your flash drive fixed! BTW, i had a great omakase the other day...Katsu-ya in studio City...only $35!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hong,
    Yup, card reader works just fine. I've heard about Katsu-ya. There's another omakase in Westwood too that's similarly priced.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!