Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Friday, March 25, 2011

Shepperd's Dell Falls (Winter) - Columbia River Gorge - Oregon

7 Shepperd's Dell Falls (Winter) - Columbia River Gorge - Oregon 1


Perhaps it was a good thing that it was so drizzly that day. I drove much more slowly than usual on the windy shaded old highway. After leaving Bridal Veil Falls, my sedate pace meant I managed to spot the sign for Shepperd's Dell Falls.


Finally!

My first visit to this waterfall. The reason why I've never been able to stop before is that there's really no room to park, just a slightly wider shoulder that only fits a few cars. Once you pass the sign, there's a bridge over the very steep and narrow canyon. And there's no place to turn around. So I've always missed it every other time I've gone.


Can you spot the couple at the far corner of the lookout point?




7 Shepperd's Dell Falls (Winter) - Columbia River Gorge - Oregon 2


We would have walked out to there, but it started to rain and the steep trail was getting slick. So I turned around and captured pictures of the bridge instead.

So pretty!




7 Shepperd's Dell Falls (Winter) - Columbia River Gorge - Oregon 3





7 Shepperd's Dell Falls (Winter) - Columbia River Gorge - Oregon 4





7 Shepperd's Dell Falls (Winter) - Columbia River Gorge - Oregon 5


I love the moss on the railings.




7 Shepperd's Dell Falls (Winter) - Columbia River Gorge - Oregon 6


Last waterfall and my favorite up next!

All Oregon posts can be found with the tag Series: Oregon, but I suggest reading this particular trip in this order:
I'm Coming Home
Bunk Sandwiches - Portland - Oregon
Horsetail Falls (Winter) - Columbia River Gorge - Oregon
Multnomah Falls (Winter) - Columbia River Gorge - Oregon
Wahkeena Falls (Winter) - Columbia River Gorge - Oregon
Bridal Veil Falls (Winter) - Columbia River Gorge - Oregon
Shepperd's Dell Falls (Winter) - Columbia River Gorge - Oregon
Latourell Falls (Winter) - Columbia River Gorge - Oregon
Crown Point Vista House (Winter) - Columbia River Gorge - Oregon 
Nai Xao Xa Cuon Banh Trang (Vietnamese Sauteed Lemongrass Venison Rice Paper Rolls)

*****
1 year ago today, Kim Lien Produce - Westminster (Little Saigon).
2 years ago today, Japanese flavored salts.
3 years ago today, Chinese hot and sour soup redux.
4 years ago today, smooth and creamy Sinh To Bo (Vietnamese Avocado Shake).

2 comments:

  1. hi wc - it's good to know about the lack of parking for this waterfall. my husband remembered seeing the signs for sheppard's dell but we didn't stop for it. after multnomah, we ended up going to the bonnevill dam and fish hatchery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CC,
    I've driven this route plenty of times and have missed Shepperd's Dell every other time so it's very easy to go too far. Just make sure you're on the lookout if you're intent on getting to it next time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!