Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

A Work in Progress

My current project is a scarf.

I only crochet scarves. And occasionally beanie hats. I can't learn from patterns. I mean, I know ch stands for chain, and dc stands for double crochet, and etc., but I really only learn with someone instructing me and fixing my errors as I go along. I learned the basics of crocheting when I was 8-years-old. I've taught myself a simple shell pattern. That's my only other variation.

But I was inspired by Bella Dia, who was inspired by Green Kitchen, who was inspired by Yarnstorm.

I initially tried this yarn in a shell pattern. But the colors were too busy. So I unraveled and decided to keep it simple.


The best part? I got two skeins of this color in a bag of seven other yarns for only $1.25 at the local thrift store. So I grabbed the whole lot. That's nearly two dozen large skeins of yarn (mostly acrylic but who's complaining when it's so cheap?) for $4. Hmm, which means I have enough random yarn colors to attempt an afghan actually...

I'm thinking of making a matching beanie with pompoms too. But we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!